Page 4 of 6

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:36 pm
by Jamie Renton
NormanD wrote:Was your weekend that bad??


No, but the working week is looking decidedly iffy.

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:51 pm
by Jamie Renton
Millie Jackson - Walking in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVFSNvmpVgQ

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:17 pm
by Jamie Renton
billy Holiday - Gloomy Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUCyjDOlnPU

One of the best songs ever about topping yourself.

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:37 pm
by NormanD
Nah - they turned it into 'a dream' in this version.

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:06 pm
by Jamie Renton
NormanD wrote:Nah - they turned it into 'a dream' in this version.


They tacked the dream bit on at the end, but I was never convinced.

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:18 pm
by Jamie Renton
Burning Spear - Jah No Dead (from the film Rockers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avt7wpBDn6g

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:29 am
by Adam Blake
Jamie Renton wrote:Burning Spear - Jah No Dead (from the film Rockers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avt7wpBDn6g


Thanks for that, Jamie.

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:38 am
by Adam Blake
Tom Waits: Get Behind The Mule

One of his best, I think. Charlie Musselwhite on harmonica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue5eM2q3rOI

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:53 am
by Jamie Renton
Adam Blake wrote:Tom Waits: Get Behind The Mule

One of his best, I think. Charlie Musselwhite on harmonica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue5eM2q3rOI


Thanks for that Adam!

I've always had a soft spot for John Hammond's TexMexification of Wait's Jockey Full of Bourbon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5ySUF6SPM

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:09 pm
by NormanD
I'd forgotten all about John Hammond's "Wicked Grin" CD.

You got yourself a sale, Mr Hammond! (No royalties, mind you, on an out of print record).

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:18 pm
by Jamie Renton
The Band - Christmas Must Be Tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5bKtRU0Q6c

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:19 pm
by Jamie Renton
UK based fadista Claudia Aurora - Poema.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ATEe6001k

From her new album Mulher Fo Norte which I'm liking a lot

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:42 pm
by NormanD
Jamie Renton wrote:UK based fadista Claudia Aurora - Poema.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ATEe6001k

From her new album Mulher Fo Norte which I'm liking a lot

Tasty! If I were working tomorrow, I'd be singing this all the way in, and for most of the day.

Does she play high-profile gigs in the UK, or would Jamboree be below her league?

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:27 pm
by Jamie Renton
NormanD wrote:Does she play high-profile gigs in the UK, or would Jamboree be below her league?


I'm interviewing her for fRoots next week and intend to ask her just that.

Re: The Weekend Ends Here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:11 am
by will vine
My weekend ended in high spirits with King Zepha.

https://youtu.be/XvvGKUiLTiw